Monday

November 30

"IF YOU seek tranquility, do less." Or (more accurately) do what's essential - what the logos of a social being requires, and in the requisite way. Which brings a double satisfaction: to do less, better.

Because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you'll have more time, and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, "Is this necessary?"

But we need to eliminate unnecessary assumptions as well. To eliminate the unnecessary actions that follow.

2 comments:

  1. Choose wisely your actions, deeds and thoughts, that they be the best of things. Gradually whittling away the extraneous and unnecessary to refine your life into a sculpture, a thing of beauty in its simplicity and intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We fall into patterns of thoughtless behaviour, routines of the daily round which have lost their meaning, if they ever had any. Examine your day, your week. Ask yourself, "Have I taken into account all that needs doing?" then ask the more important question, "Is what I am doing the best thing to be done? Am I using the precious few minutes left in my life to the right effect? How does this show my love for my family and friends? How does this allow me to practice courage, moderation, justice, wisdom, compassion? How does this make this world better?" Live every day intentionally.

    ReplyDelete